Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Erin's Pretty Invites

IMG_1614

After four straight days of printing, I have emerged from the depths of my "studio" with a lovely, finished wedding package for my friend, Erin. Since she and James are getting hitched in August in the woods, I thought it would be fun to create a sort of "I Spy" invite with lots of creatures hiding behind the trees. We both agreed to do handwritten text and I think it turned out so sweet! I am really pleased and am hoping she'll love it! Dang! I meant to clip a picture of the mad-lib reply card... will do later. So cute!!

Lucky Erin is having Emily of Queen Quills calligraphy address the envelopes. I can't wait to see!

2 comments:

  1. What a treat to discover in my mailbox today, not bills or coupons for discount tire services or random junkmail for former tenants, but an envelope with my name - penned beautifully in gold script. Much care was taken to open it without tearing the paper or the other kind of tearing that smears ink. Inside: the dearest of wedding invitations. Maybe I'm just a sucker for true love. Or maybe this sucker's in love with careful illustration, playful typography, and well made letterpress prints. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, how sweet of you! Thank you so much!
    I had a real ball printing these! Sweet invites for (very) sweet people!

    ReplyDelete